Classroom News-October 18, 2017

Welcome back!  I hope everyone enjoyed some rest and relaxation during our week off. 

Remember that we will be at school ALL DAY on Friday, October 20. 

Today was a pretty typical day in the classroom.  We worked at centers this morning.  Children worked with Halloween Number puzzles at the reading table because I was reassessing students on their letter recognition and letter sounds.  They have made some terrific progress!  The children also worked on Lexia Core 5 on the ipads.  I'm looking into ways for you to access this program at home.  Stay tuned.  They worked with Ms. Renee on Handwriting Without Tears, and learned how to count syllables in words! 

After lunch we read Inside a House That is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.  I promise that none of the books I read to children during Halloween season is frightening.  If your child feels uneasy with a book we read, please encourage them to let me know and I will either stop reading the book, or allow them to go to a quiet location (another kindergarten room, or the office) while we finish the book.  Inside a House That is Haunted is a repetitive book about typical Halloween characters getting scared by each other and then a child that is trick-or-treating.  The illustrations (by Tedd Arnold) are fun and silly. 

The children wrote in their journals and did a great job of sounding out the words they want to write.  We went to recess, Music, and then came back to the room to work on counting and number writing during math. 

I look forward to seeing everyone on Friday!

Comments