Classroom news: April 16, 2018

Its hard to believe there is just over a month left in the school year.  Where has the time gone?! 

Expert Presentations
Expert Presentations start Wednesday of this week.  I am eager to learn from our experts!

Field Trip
Our Field Trip to the Boulder Dinner Playhouse to see Robinson Crusoe is this Wednesday, April 18.  Do not be late to school!  Our bus will leave as soon as I finish taking attendance.  When people go to see a play, it is generally accepted that they dress up.  Since we will finish the day at school, I am not asking that children come to school in their best clothes, however, jeans and a nicer shirt (maybe one with a collar) would be appropriate.  Please bring a sack lunch.  We will return to school to eat lunch, but our time in the cafeteria will be over. 

Eggs
Our eggs are in the incubator.  They will be in there for a total of 21 days (we are on day 6 right now).  In a couple of weeks we will, hopefully, have baby chicks!  I will post pictures when they hatch.

Feast!
Our multicultural feast is this Friday, April 20.  Everyone is encouraged to bring in a dish that represents their heritage.  Since I am Irish, I plan to bring Corned Beef and Cabbage.  Our feast will be from 9:15-10:00 that day.  I am really looking forward to tasting the wonderful food everyone brings!

Denver Botanic Gardens
Originally we had planned to have the Denver Botanic Gardens visit us on April 27.  We have had to adjust that.  Now they will be here Friday, May 11. 

Field Day T-Shirts
Thank you for the overwhelming response to the question I posed about Field Day T-shirts this year!  Every email I received wanted to decorate shirts and keep the tradition.  I ordered the shirts on Monday and hope to receive them soon.  This is a fun activity and a shirt the children will enjoy wearing! 

Late Start
Wednesday, May 2 is a late start day.  School will start at 11:30 and end at 3:40.


Comments