Classroom News-March 9, 2018

We had a busy and wonderful week!

This week is a normal school week!  The following week we will not have school on Friday, March 23 or the following week.  It is Spring Break!

Dr. Seuss
For the last couple of weeks, we have been reading Dr. Seuss books.  I love Dr. Seuss books, so this is one of my favorite units!  We will focus on that for one more week.  Next week I will send home a sheet where the children can write about which book in their favorite.

Report cards
You are able to see your child's report card starting today.  I sent a pamphlet home with the report card indicators.  These indicators are what I look at and consider when filling out report cards.  If you have any questions, please send me an email or give me a call. 

Judo Math
We have started doing Judo Math in class to help the children become more fluent in addition.  Keep an eye out for information about their Judo belts!

Remember to Read
Remember to read with your child at least 20 minutes every night.  It is a short period of time and it makes a huge difference.  If you lost your Take-Home book and need a new one, please let me know. 

MyOn and Lexia 
Remember that you have access to these programs at home.  You can go to ceran.svvsd.org, click on the elementary school link, select Legacy Elementary and click the link to the program.  I sent the log in information in an email last fall.  If you need it again, please let me know.  These programs are terrific to help students build reading skills and practice reading. 

Comments