Classroom News-September 20, 2017

Conferences
Next week are parent-teacher conferences.  On Monday, I sent home a notice letting you know when your conference is scheduled.  If that time does not fit your schedule, please let me know.  I have other times available.  Originally I was planning to hold conferences on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Since then, I found out that my son's conferences are on Tuesday, so I've had to change my conferences to Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.  I appreciate your flexibility. 

FUNd Run!
The FUNd Run is this Friday, September 22 at 9:10 am.  Please collect pledges for your child's participation in this event.  They do events like this to avoid catalog sales.  Please bring water bottles, comfortable shoes, and weather appropriate clothing for the event. 

Birthday Breakfast
We will have our first Birthday Breakfast next Friday at 9:15.  We are celebrating Abby's birthday!

Games and Books
I will send home Take-Home Games and Take-Home Books this Friday!  Woo-hoo!  Read the books, then bring them back to receive a new one.  Remember to tell me if the book is just right, too easy, or too difficult so we can adjust the level.  I want the books to be a challenge, but not too difficult.  The Take-Home Games are just a fun way to practice skills we are working on at school.  Have fun with them!  When you are done with the game, send it back to get a new one.  No, students do not need to master a skill in the bag to get a new one.  Just have fun with it. 

Storyteller
On Friday, September 15, we had a storyteller come in to tell the kids a few stories.  This is fantastic because she does not read from books.  She tells the stories and the children need to visualize the story in their minds.  The stories were fun and exciting.  A good time was had by all.  I've included pictures from story time.  Be sure to ask your child about it!

Classroom readers
Some of the children have started bringing in books they want to read to the class.  I've never had a class show interest in doing this!  I love the idea!  If your child has a book they want to bring in and read, they are welcome to do so.  I will try to make sure we have time for them to share their favorite books.  We may not always have time, though.  I hope the kids can be patient. 


Comments