Welcome!

Welcome to Kindergarten!  I am so excited to have your children in my class.  We are going to have a wonderful year!

Let me tell you a little about myself.  I have been teaching for 18 years.  I have been teaching kindergarten for most of my career.  Kindergarten is my favorite!  Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my husband and 2 boys (9 and 11 years old).  I also enjoy working with my family's horses.

Kindergarten is a busy place, so please visit this blog regularly for the latest news and up to date information.  I do not send a newsletter home since I include all the classroom news on this blog.  Many parents have installed the Blogger app on their phones and Ipads.  This makes checking the blog frequently quick and easy.  You are also welcome to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.  The best way to get a hold of me is via email.  My email address is pickett_jenny@svvsd.org.

 I will be holding 2 parent orientation meetings.  These meetings are important because I will provide important information about our classroom and the learning kids will be doing throughout the year. This is not the same information, you will receive while the children were being assessed before school started.  Please plan to attend one of the parent orientations.  Information at these orientations will be extremely helpful as the year progresses. Keep an eye out for an invitation to the orientation meetings. 


Thank you and keep an eye out for more information on this blog!

Mrs. Pickett

Comments